Centre for Instructional Technology
Digital recording of computer desktop with audio narration a.k.a. Screencast
Screen recording can be used to record self-supporting lectures. You can display your presentation slides (or anything else that can be shown on screen) and record your narration. You can also do short video tutorials to talk about websites or show how a particular software is used.
Registration and Setup
- Please login at https://screencast.nus.edu.sg/ with your NUSNET ID and password, then download the relevant Camtasia Relay recorder for your Operating System.
- PC: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Mac: OS 10.6 and later
If you would like to incorporate graphical annotations and/or webcam video in your Screencast, you can use Ink2Go! as an alternative to Camtasia Relay.
- Record all your computer desktop activity as a video file.
- Write or draw on top of any active application or use the Whiteboard for graphical annotations.
- Include your webcam video in the Screencast along with audio narration.
- Add an index and publish a web-ready version of the Screencast for both Windows and Mac using the Ink2Go! client.
Please download Ink2Go! here:
To view the videos that you have uploaded, please login to https://screencast.nus.edu.sg/ink2go with your NUSNET ID and password.
By applying for this service, you are declaring that you own all copyright for materials to be displayed or have obtained the necessary copyright clearance for these materials.